IMessage is a popular iPhone app that allows iphone users to send and receive messages over the internet. This eliminates the need to install a third-party messaging app on their device. IMessage is pre-installed on every iPhone and serves as the default messaging app. Despite Apple’s efforts to open up iOS to third-party developers, it remains a closed operating system. They anticipate that the Cupertino Company will eventually bring iMessage to Android.
Can They Read Text messages?
The simple answer is no. However,iphone users can send a text message to an Android user via iMessage. However, there is no way for a user to know whether or not the message was read. The Read Receipt feature is only available when using the iMessage app between iPhones. Before it works, both iPhone users must have read receipts enabled. This is because the Apple iMessage app sends and receives messages via the internet. It is distinct from the standard Messages apps that come pre-installed on Android devices.
Most regular Message apps use the Short Message Service (SMS), which requires a cellular network to function. Because the iMessage app supports SMS, iPhone users can send and receive text messages from Android devices. Meanwhile, iMessage is not supported by the SMS protocol. This is why users can’t see who is reading text messages on Android. Users might be wondering if an iPhone user can see users texting them from Android. For the same reasons, the answer is no. iMessage uses the internet to activate its features, whereas regular messages use the SMS protocol.
How to Read Receipts on iPhone Messages.
As previously stated, read receipts in iMessage are only available to iPhone users. However, users must enable read receipts in iMessage for iOS. If users don’t see read receipts in the iPhone iMessage app even when typing from another iPhone, users may not have enabled it. The steps are as follows:
Step 1: On their iPhone, open the Settings app and select Messages.
Step 2: Enable Send Read Receipts.
Step 3: Users should be able to see if their recipient has enabled read receipts on their iPhone, the time it was read will appear beneath their message.
The Google Messages app supports read receipts, but this feature is only available if their carrier supports it. The steps are as follows:
Step 1: Launch the Messages app on their Android device, and then tap the three vertical dots or lines at the top of the screen to access Settings.
Step 2: Select Chat Features or More Settings.
Step 3: From here, enable Read Receipts (Delivery Receipts).
Please keep in mind that the steps may vary depending on the Android phone.
There is no active method for determining when an Android user reads a text message sent via iMessage on an iPhone. Users can, however, use a third-party messaging app such as WhatsApp, Messenger, or Snapchat. Read receipts are also supported by these apps.
Features of iPhone
IMessage, Apple’s default text messaging app, makes it simple to see if their recipient has seen their message. There is one condition. Both the sender and the recipient must be using messages on an iPhone or iPad with Reading Receipts turned on.
- When the user texts someone who has Read Receipts enabled, the user will see the word “Read” beneath their message as well as the time it was opened.
- To enable Read Receipts in the iMessage app, go to Settings, scroll down, and select Messages. Turn on Send Read Receipts. These steps are also applicable to Macs and iPad.
- Speaking of texts, I know users are tired of getting spam. I am as well.
- Tap or click for tricks to get rid of all the garbage.
- Like iPhone users, Android read receipts require both the sender and the recipient to enable the feature.
- The instructions may differ depending on the manufacturer, model, and operating system of the device.
First, open the Messages app and go to the settings. Depending on their phone model, operating system, and cellular provider, users will notice one of the following: Read Receipts, Send Read Receipts, or Request Receipts Turn on the appropriate option.
- Go to Messages > Menu > Settings > Chat settings on a Samsung phone. Users can enable read receipts here.
- Open Messages in Google Messages. Select More > Settings > Chat features from the three-dot menu. Select Send read receipts.
So these are the major steps that users can know about the feature and turn off the recipient view so that no one can see their chats or messages.